Since the early 1960’s, GBCC has helped individuals in their time of need. Whether adjusting to the death of a loved one, dealing with unemployment, or just struggling with stressful times, the agency’s peer counselors have always been there providing compassionate client centered support.
Our staff provides a unique environment that is:
- Affordable: There are no co-pays and no set fees. Individuals are asked to contribute what they can, if they can.
- Welcoming: Our diverse group of peer counselors don’t speak in acronyms and jargon, they just provide individuals with the empathy and real-life tools they need to find the solutions they seek.
- Convenient: GBCC’S location (across the street from UB’S South Campus, close to subway/bus station) is easily accessible to nearly any city/town in Erie County. The center’s evening hours (sessions run 7 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. Thursday nights) allow counseling services to fit into a busy schedule.
- Effective: Past and current individuals have described GBCC’s services as ‘wonderful’, ‘amazing’, ‘just what I needed’, and ‘a real life saver’.
- Referrals: The agency’s commitment to helping others does not begin and end with the opening of its doors. If our services are not appropriate, or additional help is needed, our staff routinely provides referrals to other community services or organizations.